Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Easy Like Sunday Morning

It was mi mama's birthday yesterday so we decided to
go out and have lunch at this restaurant my neighbor owns.
EVOO is what it's called. It stands for Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
The place was really cool. Not too shabby for a guy who's only 21!
As much as I wanted this post to be about the food, sadly I wasn't
able to get good food pics since we chowed down as soon as our orders
arrived. Our bad! So let me just settle for an outfit post instead! haha

 This is what I usually wear during Sunday Mass.
It's either a skirt or a dress. I used to hate it when my mother made
my sister and I wear skirts while the other girls got to wear pants. Made
me feel really old-fashioned. Which was not how I wanted to dress at that time.
But I really do appreciate how my mother wanted us to look proper and
lady-like. It was really all about respect.

 Chose this wall as my backdrop because this is what I call ART.
Or rather the only art I am capable of doing. haha! But really, the wall spoke
to me of something deeper than just shooing people off who were not
members of this so called HGS club/society. It spoke to me of authority
and the truth of social hierarchy and how white paint looks really
good on a gray background and I'm rambling and just realized that
I don't know jack shit about art. It's time to ignore the crazy girl.

 So here's a picture of me looking like I'm really enjoying
the scorching summer heat and the wind in my hair.....

 And another one of me looking pretty clueless or stoned. Your choice.

 After lunch, we rushed off to our new favorite cupcake place, Sweet Little Things.
It was funny how I looked like the cupcake I ate. #Neigborhoodies

And an obligatory shot of the B-day girl herself posing with her
favorite Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcake!!!
She would kill me if she sees this picture of how I freely decided
to add a tiara on her head. Thank God she's got a great sense of humor? hahaha!
But hey, she's the Birthday girl and a great mom so I say the woman deserves to feel like 
Princess Di for a day with a cupcake and a glimmering tiara.
Follow I Like Your Ears 
Happy Candles & Cakes Day, Mama!!! Kiss Kiss Hug Hug xxoo

18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your Mom Feliz!

    When it comes to food-havens here in Cebu City, you're my number 1 reference! haha

    I love your skirt and the shoes.. I also love the backdrop! Quite unique! hahaha

    Hugs,
    Ericka

    http://behappyblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the greet, Ericka! :) ahahahaha.. I guess food really brings people together.. ahahahaha.. And I still got a lot of foodie adventures I'd still love to share with all you guys :) Thanks so much for the compliment :) You're always sweet :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely Skirt ! :)

    Have a great day!
    theblogrookie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAaaawwe thanks ever so much! :) I love this skirt, too! :) Have a good one! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to your mom! =)

    Ooh, I love your skirt! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh thanks so much girly! :P Thanks so much for the greet! I'll pass it on to her :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to your mom! <3
    I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a whole lot for the greet! :) And thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday to your mother! I love your outfit, and those shoes just set it off! :) new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the greet and the lovely compliment! And welcome to the club, new follower! :) haha

      Delete
  6. Love the skirt, it looks like it fits really well. The color is pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaawwe thanks so much! It was a really lucky find back at the thrift store! :)

      Delete
  7. I'm totally in love with your skirt <3
    I've followed you ;>

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I!!!! Thanks so much for commenting and for the follow :) Really appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  8. The skirt is so amazing. I love how full it looks!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this skirt at a thrift store and I love it! I try to wear it whenever I can :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely skirt, great photos!!! :)

    Simona
    http://vintagelooksimona.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete

Hey cool cat! How you doin'?

Leave me a little lovin' will ye.. Purrrrrrr!